Monday, August 8, 2011

17 Miracles

Tonight was forced to go to the movie, "17 Miracles". Every single miracle in the movie is a true story, and comes from the Martin/Willie Handcart Companies of the Mormon Pioneers crossing the plains.

As I said, I was forced. I didn't want to go. I'd heard, from others, that you will just cry and cry and cry some more. I didn't want to cry. I didn't want to be shown incredible stories of faith.

I was stubborn, and hardhearted. Boy was I seriously humbled. I needed to reminded of the stories of the pioneers. I needed to be shown incredible stories of faith. I am leaving on a mission in less than 48 hours, and faith is the major component of missionary work. I cried because of my hardheartedness. I cried because I wasn't sure I was able to have that much faith. I cried for the hardships, the trials, the sickness & death, and the pain they felt.

One of the men said, "As I pushed my handcart alone, countless times I turned around to see who was helping me push my cart, and there was no one there." I have felt the Angels of the Lord helping me, and pushing me along through times of trial. The countless times I have felt the warmth and comfort of a hug, from an unknown source.

Do not forget the times of you have been comforted. The times the Spirit has spoken truth to you. For they will always come back to you, during times of other trials. You can work through them. You can overcome every single trial. Keep to the faith, and you will be blessed. Everything happens for a reason, and we are to always learn from each and every experience. For which, we are incredibly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment