Here it is, the first day of finals. Okay, I lied. Today wasn't the first day of finals, tomorrow is. Today is, what is known as "Study day". A day for you to get everything you need to, done and ready for you to being your finals. At Snow, today was the last day of semester. But here, we use it to study.
Which, I did. I went to a study group for my math class, in which my teacher was there, gave us tips about our final, what to study, look for, and other such ideas. It was also nice to have her there so that we could review past tests, and make sure we remember everything we've talked about the whole semester. She's a great teacher, I actually understand the most basic points of math. I never remember learning what the top of the fraction means, as opposed to what the bottom means. As well, story problems don't seem as scary anymore, and I know how to write them. Did you know there are 12 types of addition story problems? I didn't!
Then I had a Lifeguard Orientation, we're getting ready to open the pool. Well, the exact date is December 17th. My supervisor is nice enough to let me have the whole month of December off.
Right now I'm working on one of my finals. I have to write a paper on a movie we watched in class. It is called The Freedom Writers Diary, based on a true story. If you haven't seen the movie, watch it. Watch it now!!! We need teachers like her. Those who go the extra mile. Those who don't give up just because someone else said it wasn't worth it. Instead, taking that, and turning it into a challenge, just to prove someone wrong. Of course, every child in our educational system is worth it. It's sad that some teachers have forgotten that, no matter the background a child comes from. Watch it now.

I've seen Freedom Writers and it was a great movie. I hope you can inspire your students like she did, find ways to help them up their game. Good luck in math...by the way: if Caitlin leave Cedar and heads north traveling 89 mph and a south wind is at her back the whole way, how many miles to the gallon will she get if she gets home to Kaysville in 3.23 hours?
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your finals!!! Remember, Megan loves you :)! ♥
ReplyDelete