I just got home from the CES Fireside with Elder L. Tom Perry. Let me just say... I love that man. He is seriously one of my favorite speakers, and he was absolutely wonderful tonight.
His challenge to us is to become the "Greatest Generation". Since he comes from the generation that the world has named the greatest generation, he thinks we (young adults) can do better.
He asked us to bring our friends back to Christianity, because so many people have strayed away from religion and have said, "I am spiritual, and that's good enough." We are to become the Greatest Generation by helping everyone come back to Christianity.
He gave us 4 ways to bring others to the Gospel.
1. Daily Prayer - It is to become natural. We are to communicate with our Heavenly Father more often and with more intent.
2. Daily Scripture Study - We are to encourage others to seek out the scriptures, for they truly bring happiness.
3. Temple Worthiness - Not only are we worthy to enter the temple, we are much better examples to those around us.
4. Daily Acts of Service - As King Benjamin said, "When ye are in the service of your fellowmen, we are only in the service of your God." Mosiah 2:17 Have Christlike service, that also brings true happiness.
I add my testimony with his, Jesus Christ lives. He died for us. Through Him, and only by Him can we repent and return to our Heavenly Father. May we always remember that.
No comments:
Post a Comment