Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break Slump

So... I haven't written much (as you can tell). I kind of ran out of things to say. I have no feelings to blog about. That's usually when I write about something. When I have strong feelings about something. I guess I'm in the Spring Break slump.

I'm on spring break right now, and what a glorious time it is. Why? Because I have had the privlege of doing absolutely nothing. Yep. Nothing. I got home from school on Friday and my parents were in Israel/Egypt so I had the whole house to myself. No, I didn't throw an awesome party. I have no friends to throw it with. I'm a loser.

I went to the doctor on Monday to have my Mission Physical. I had to get my blood drawn, and let me tell you. The nurses at the Tanner Clinic are not nice at all. All the times I have donated blood, I have never gotten a bruise. Every time they have drawn blood at the Tanner Clinic... Bruises. MEAN! And it hurt for the rest of the day. Lame huh? And I had to get a shot to test if I had TB... No, I am glad to say I do not.

Because my parents were out of town, and I was home by myself. I was required to call my over-worrysome grandparents. My 91 year-old grandpa and 87 year-old grandma would talk my ear off for a half an hour each night. And, because they are so old (even though I love them to death) they would repeat the same questions over and over again. Every night, we would have the same conversation. Oh the joys of aging grandparents whose memories are failing them. Many times defending my career choice (teaching) because my grandmother thinks I should become a "typist"... Yes. Since no one in my generation knows how to type. Because typing is a much more rewarding career than changing a child's life. . .

Then I got to go pick up my parents from the airport. The entire drive home I got to hear all about their adventures in Israel and Egypt. We got home and they started pulling out all the souvenirs they had purchased, and I was looking through all the pictures they had taken. HOW JEALOUS WAS I?!?! Pyramids! The Sphinx! For real. My mother got to walk UNDER a pyramid. Oh man... Next time baby. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment