Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Trust God, and Believe in Good Things to Come"

I know I already posted today, but I couldn't hold this back.

Tonight I was feeling down about myself. Missing home, missing familly, and just being down.

So, what did I do? Well, I ate chocolate, but I also watched the Church's channel on YouTube called MormonMessages. (There is a link on my blog.) What great little messages those are in times of need. Even not in times of need. I love it. Immediately after I started watching them, and listening to the great words from Prophets, Seers, and Revelators, I can definitely say I know them to be men of God. I have a very strong testimony that they were called of God, and were told exactly what to say. Every single time I listen I get the chills, and I know the Spirit is whispering to me and telling me what they are saying is true.

I am a daughter of God and I was created in His image. President Uchtdorf says it best "...Think of where you come from. You are sons and daughters of the Greatest most Glorious Being in the universe. He loves you with an infinite love, He wants the best for you. This knowledge changes everything. It changes your present, it can change your future, and it can change the world. If only we understood who we are and what is in store for us. Our hearts would overflow with such gratitude and happiness that it would enlighten even the darkest soul with a light and love of God."

Other things that help me remember this is from the book, "You are Special." The quote is, "You are special because I made you, and I don't make mistakes." The Lord doesn't make mistakes. As Dr. Suess said, "Today you are you, that truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You." We are the Lord's creation, and that is just who we are. It's amazing how just this little bit of information can change your life. Exactly as Pres. Uchtdorf said.

I love this gospel with all of my heart. I know it's true, and I know it can change lives for the better (it has definitely changed mine). Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and He died for me. He is the light of the world, and if we just follow Him, everything will be okay.

"...But as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true, and the best is yet to come." --Elder L. Tom Perry.

No comments:

Post a Comment