Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No Running!

So yesterday was my first day at work. I probably said the phrase "No Running" a million times... No, scratch that. A billion times. For some reason, a wet pool deck and running is a concept people just don't understand. As well as all the rules we have in place to keep people safe. It isn't because we want to be mean, it's because I really don't want to perform a spinal, and send someone to the hospital, where they get to pay all that money to either, never walk again, or be a miracle and walk. I guess people just don't make a connection. But as a lifeguard, that's what I think about... Again, that's what I'm trained to do, so I guess I'm trained to think of those situations as well. Some people are just dumb though.


Here we all are. The opening guards of the first time at the new pool. Don't we look so cute?
As to update you on my "health"... I am doing much better! I've made a journal, where I can write down all the feelings that trigger my eating habits. This way, I can go back and read other instances and learn what I did, and it might help in a different situation. I've had several instances that I've either been bored, angry, hurt, or sad... And I've combated it with something other than eating. I'm so proud of myself! I can feel the change, and I can feel the difference. As well, as my testimony in my Heavenly Father, my Savior, and answers to prayer, each have grown so much in such a little time. I know They are real. I know They love me, and They want me to be happy.

1 comment:

  1. Yea for lifeguards! Thanks for thinking about all the "what-ifs," I appreciate it. Glad to hear you are doing well. You are missed and loved.

    ReplyDelete