Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Spiritual Highs

I LOVE Spiritual Highs, I absolutely love them... But they make returning to normal life extremely hard. Having just recently come off my Atonement spiritual high, I am quite vulnerable to Satan and his wants and wishes. I'm fighting so hard against him, and he isn't making it any easier. Finding out more and more about myself, and who I want and wish to be, and each time, he whispers in my ear, "You aren't good enough." "The Atonement isn't for you." "You do need to do this on your own, and you can't accomplish this goal. You should just give up now." Oh boy.

It's hard enough, and he just keeps making it harder. You know what that means? More time on my knees, more time studying the scriptures, and more time spent doing worthwhile things, instead of sitting in self-pity and losing control of my thoughts. I wonder if this is what missionaries feel like right when they come home. Having this two year spiritual high, and then crash-landing in real life, and being smacked by Satan. Eww! No wonder they have a hard time.

I really do need to spend more time on my knees. Talking with our Heavenly Father just seems to make everything better. Ever get that feeling? And reading my scriptures. I just got to 3 Nephi 11. I cried. When the Savior comes to the Americas, just after He has been resurrected. I could imagine being one of the Nephities, and feeling the prints of the nails in His hands and feet. The look on His face, it just brought joy to my heart. I need moments like this all the time.

The Atonement is real. Jesus died for me. Someone once said, "Even if I was the only person on this earth, Christ still would have died for me." How true is that? What a blessing to have someone who loves us THAT much. He is my Savior. And He loves me.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Thank you for your testimony :). I used to wonder why missionaries had a hard time when they got home, but I really do think it is because they have spent so much time in a spiritual high that coming home is almost a disappointment. I hate that feeling when you come off a spiritual high. You definitely want to go back to it.

    ReplyDelete