I am thankful for
- Loving parents. Mom and Dad, you are the greatest parents a daughter could ask for. You have taughed me the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For that, I am eternally grateful because life would be incredibly hard without it. "Life is like an unsharpened pencil. Without Christ there is no point." Exactly, without Christ, I am nothing.
- Sisters. Beth, Meg, and Jo, you are the greatest older sisters the youngest could ask for. You have been the greatest examples in my life. Who I should be and who I want to be. You are always there for me, no matter what I'm going through, you're always willing to listen. I look up to you, and you have never let me down.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ. As I said earlier. I am nothing without Him. I am grateful for Him and His sacrifice, His love for me, and the amazing way He loves me no matter what I do. I know He is my friend, and knows exactly how I feel. What a great blessing to know that. As well, everything else that comes along with the gospel. Temple marriage, eternal families, baptism, the Holy Ghost, the Commandments, and the ability to become like our Father in Heaven.
- The opportunity to go to school. Even though I'm paying for it, it's still an opportunity. I'm grateful to learn, grow, and become a better person. But... The true mark of an educated person, as President Hinckley said, is knowing and using two little words. Thank you. I make sure to always so thank you to everyone who does something for me. For I truly appreciate their help.
- I'm grateful for my health, and who I am. It took me a long time to get here, and to realize this, but once I got here, I am definitely thankful.
- I know it's weird, but I'm definitely grateful for my trials. Without them I wouldn't be who I am today. Yes they are hard. Yes they stink. But I have learned so many things through these trials, I can truly see the Lord's help in my life. I am definitely grateful for them.
- I'm grateful for my friends. Those who are serving missions. It was never a question in their mind as to whether or not they needed to serve a mission. They listened to the prophets, they were prepared, and they have saved many people because of their willingness to serve. They have definitely been an example to me. And my other friends, being there when I need them. Making sure I'm doing well, and encouraging me to be the best person I can be. They are awesome.
If I've missed anything, well, I'm grateful for those too. I'm grateful for all my MANY blessings. The Lord is definitely good to me.
What are you thankful for?
As part of being your older sister you get to see the "bad" and "aweful" things we do and tell yourself, "I'm not ever going to do what they did." Yup, we make you a better person. Love you, cait.
ReplyDelete